secret of mastery

The Chinese sage Chuang - Tzu told the story of a man who forged swords for a maharaja. Even at the age of ninety, his work was carried out with exceptional precision and ability.
No matter how rushed he was, he never made even the slightest slip.
One day, the maharaja asked the old man, “Is this a natural talent or is there some special technique that you use to create your remarkable results?”
“It is concentration on the essentials,” replied the sword-crafter.
“I took to forging swords when I was twenty-one years old. I did not care about anything else. If it was not a sword, I did not look at it or pay any attention to it.
Forging swords became my passion and my purpose.
I took all the energy that I did not give in other directions and put it in the direction of my art. This is the secret to my mastery.”
Concentrate on the Essentials.

Comments

  1. Respected Sir, I am a Reiki practitioner and in reiki and most of the japanese healing techniques like taichi and qigong it says to concentrate on the hara that is an imaginary spot just 3 finger inch below the navel and also it promotes belly breathing alais abdominal breathing. Is Vaasi yogam breathing and the breathing in The above japanes styles same? The reason for this question came as I was reading your article under the heading secret of mastery. Kindly guide me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

சித்தவித்தை பயில அணுகவும்

சித்தாதி எண்ணெய்

விதைப்பை வலி